Thursday, March 8, 2012

Haul: Makeup, Lorac, Prestige, Naked2, Z palettes!

Went to Ulta and hauled a bunch of new makeup based on some reviews I've seen.

Naked 2 Palette - Have not tried it yet, need to crack open that packaging!

Prestige Lipliner in Silk - Lovely pale pink nude lipliner for those lighter lipsticks.  I find that some "nude" or "natural" shades still pull either brown or red, distorting a pale shade.  This I definitely recommend!

Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting - I am a big fan of lip butters.  This is a good alternative to Creme Brulee, my go to everyday color.

Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush in Exposed - This is not matte.  But the shimmers aren't too detectable on the face.  It gives a nice glow to the cheeks, but I'm not wowed by it.  Also, I don't like the fall out that tends to come off baked blushes.


Lorac Coutoure Shine Lipgloss in Haute - This was such a pretty color and highly recommended by Veronika's Blushing.  However, it was very thick and made my lips peel.  Return.


Z palettes!  I found that drugstore.com carries Z palettes, so I immediately put in an order.  I currently use MAC eyeshadow (15) and blush (6) palettes to store my depotted makeup.  However, I find that I don't use what I can't see.  So I made the switch and ... TADA!  


The after shot =)

Lovely, isn't it?  Organization (of anything) gives me such a high...

Immediate impressions -

Pros:
1) can fit about 21 MAC eyeshadows compared to 15
2) can fit irregular sized eyeshadows
3) reduces space
Cons:
1) blush palettes hold the same amount (if you take out the divider on the MAC palettes)
2) blushes are prone to shifting (same with MAC palette)
3) the pans have to be very, very shallow or else the lid won't shut.  Which might be the reason why they provided the yellow magnets (in first photo above).  But initially, when I transferred my eyeshadows over, the magnets that I used wouldn't let it close.

Let me know if you want to see any specific reviews of the products mentioned above.

Note:  All the products in this review were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment